- I taught history at Nottinghamshire Comprehensive 1977-2007, and for a period was Head of Department
- I have expertise in ITE as part-time tutor at the School of Education, University of Nottingham PGCE course, 1990-1996, and subsequent workshops
- CRB cleared for various young people related work, including for battlefield tour guiding, and for junior school governorship
- I also am involved in battlefield guiding - both bespoke and for a specialist school travel company
- I have an especial interest in drama in history. I’m particularly proud of my device of “The Big Push”, a community focussed re-creation of The Great War (at Dayncourt 1986-92) and revived at Trinity School, Nottingham (2007-2009)
- My museum education workshops have been running since 2001 offering primarily WW1 and WW2. See Artefaqs for additional, specialised, workshops.